I want a glass of water 我要一杯水

Dear friends,

Here is the Chinese lesson today, please watch the video to learn the easy Chinese phrases:


The first phrase is a simple and direct one:

I want a glass of water.

我要一杯水

It's the combination of

我要 (I want) + 一杯水 (a glass of water)


The second phrase is much polite, adding a "Please 請"

Please give me a glass of water.
請給我一杯水

It's the combination of

請 (Please) + 給我 (give me) + 一杯水 (a glass of water)

note: in Chinese, 我 (I, me) is the same no matter it's used as a subject or object in a sentence, the same as 你 (you), 他 (he, him), 她 (she, her), or 它 (it).

The third phrase is to show the appreciation:

Thanks for your water.
謝謝你的水

It's the combination of

謝謝 (Thanks) + 你的 (your) + 水 (water)


The next three phrases basically are the same, just replace the drinks, from water to coffee, but note the unit of drink "杯" (a glass of, a cup of) are both the same in modern Chinese.

Please watch the video and follow those phrases:

I want a cup of coffee.
我要一杯咖啡


It's the combination of

我要 (I want) + 一杯咖啡 (a cup of coffee)

and the much polite version:

Please give me a cup of coffee.
請給我一杯咖啡


It's the combination of

請 (Please) + 給我 (give me) + 一杯咖啡 (a cup of coffee)

and the last phrase for appreciation:

Thanks for your coffee.
謝謝你的咖啡

It's the combination of

謝謝 (Thanks) + 你的 (your) + 咖啡 (coffee)


Please feel free to check the analysis of phrases and vocabulary of this lesson from my site:

Thanks for reading my blog and please remember to subscribe my YouTube channel for more new Chinese lessons.

Regards,

Andres Leo






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mā, má, mǎ, mà, ma Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

bā, bá, bǎ, bà, ba Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

lend/borrow 借 the same Chinese word