Why? 為什麼, I don't know 我不知道

Dear friends,

I have just created the new Chinese lesson for today's learning, please feel free to watch the video and learn some basic Chinese words and phrases. Please don't forget to subscribe my YouTube channel, Thank you.

The phrases for this lesson are as follow:

Why?

為什麼

it could be used as a simple interrogative sentence, or as a 3-character word "why" in a sentence.

the 3-character word "why 為什麼" is the combination of "for 為" and "what 什麼," very similar to English word "why" is like "for what."

The second phrase is

I don't know.
我不知道

is the combination of the following words:

I (我) + not (不) + know (知道)


The third phrase is a little bit complicated:

Do you know why?
你知道是為什麼嗎

is the combination of the following words:

you (你) + know (知道) + is (是) + why (為什麼) + 嗎

note: the last character 嗎 is a question tag in Chinese sentence, to indicate the whole phrase as an interrogative sentence.

The 4th phrase is similar with the 3rd phrase:

I don't know why.
我不知道是為什麼

is the combination of the following words:

I (我) + don't know (不知道) + is (是) + why (為什麼)

again, here the 3-character word "don't know 不知道" is just the combination of "not 不" plus "know 知道"


The last phrase is an easy one:

I don't know either.
我也不知道

is the combination of the following words:

I (我) + also (也) + don't know (不知道)


Please check the analysis of phrases and vocabulary of this lesson via:

Thanks for reading my blog, and please subscribe my YouTube channel for daily Chinese learning.

Regards,

Andres Leo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mā, má, mǎ, mà, ma Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

bā, bá, bǎ, bà, ba Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

lend/borrow 借 the same Chinese word