Do you have time? 你有沒有時間


Dear friends,

Here is the video lesson today. We are going to learn two 2-character Chinese words: 有空(available, have time) and 沒空(don't have time) in modern Chinese conversation. Please watch the following video:


The first phrase:

Do you have time?

你有沒有時間
Nǐ yǒu méi yǒu shí-jiān

你(you) + 有沒有(do you have..) + 時間(time)

here is the 3-character Chinese idiom:

Do you have..
有沒有
yǒu méi yǒu

有(have) + 沒有(don't have)

沒有(don't have) = 沒(none, not) + 有(have)


and the reply of the first phrase:

I don't have time right now.
我現在沒有時間
Wǒ xiàn-zài méi yǒu shíj-iān

我(I) + 現在(now) + 沒有(don't have) + 時間(time)


Now, the third phrase is the same as the first phrase:

Are you free right now?
你現在有空嗎
Nǐ xiàn-zài yǒu kòng ma

你(you) + 現在(now) + 有空(available) + 嗎(question tag)

Here is the 2-character Chinese word:

available, be free
有空
yǒu kòng

有(have) + 空(spare time)


and the reply is basically the same as the previous one:

I am not available right now.
我現在沒空
Wǒ xiàn-zài méi kòng

我(I) + 現在(now) + 沒空(don't have time)

Here is another 2-character Chinese word:

don't have time
沒空
méi kòng

沒(none, not) + 空(spare time)


note: these 有空(available, have time) and 沒空(don't have time) is generally used in modern Chinese writing or conversation.


The 5th phrase:

Do you have time to help me?
你有空幫我嗎
Nǐ yǒu kòng bāng wǒ ma

你(you) + 有空(have time) + 幫(help) + 我(me) + 嗎(question tag)


note: the object 我(me) is the same as 我(I) in Chinese, just like 你(you) in English.


The 6th phrase:

I will help you when I have time.
等我有空再幫你
Děng wǒ yǒu kòng zài bāng nǐ

等(wait) + 我(me) + 有空(have) + 再(and then) + 幫(help) + 你(you)


note: the object 我(me) is the same as 我(I) in Chinese, just like 你(you) in English.


Well, here is the lesson today, please check the analysis of the phrases and vocabulary of this lesson via:


Thanks for reading my blog! Please remember to subscribe my YouTube channel for encouragement.

Have a nice Mid-Autumn Festival!

中秋節快樂
Zhōng-qiū-jié kuài-lè


Andres Leo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mā, má, mǎ, mà, ma Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

bā, bá, bǎ, bà, ba Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

lend/borrow 借 the same Chinese word