handle things 做事

Dear friends,

This lesson is talking about the 2-character Chinese word 做事 (handle things, doing things) with some adjective words in the example phrases. Please watch the video and learn the Chinese words used as adjective and adverb.


The first 2 phrases are two comparative sentences:

I am doing things very slowly.

我做事很慢

我(I) +做(do) +事(thing) +很(very) +慢(slow)

She is doing things very quickly.
她做事很快

她(she) +做(do) +事(thing) +很(very) +快(quick)


The next 2 phrases are another tow comparative sentences:

I am doing things carefully.

我做事小心

我(I) +做(do) +事(thing) +小心(careful)

She is doing things boldly.
她做事大膽

她(she) +做(do) +事(thing) +大膽(bold)


In the last 2 phrases, we add two idioms onto the previous two comparative sentences:

I am careful to do things slowly.
我做事小心慢慢來

我(I) +做(do) +事(thing) +小心(careful) + 慢慢來(slowly)

note: the 3-character Chinese idiom 慢慢來 can be translated as "take it easy", and the pronunciation is:

take it easy
慢慢來
màn-màn lái

another comparative sentence is:

She is bold to do things hastily.

她做事大膽匆匆去

她(she) +做(do) +事(thing) +大膽(bold) +匆匆去(go hastily)

note: the 3-character Chinese word is a classic Chinese verse, it's still good in modern Chinese sentence.

go hastily
匆匆去
cōng-cōng qù

That's all for today's lesson, thanks for reading my blog and please feel free to check the analysis of the phrases and vocabulary of this lesson via my website:

Please remember to subscribe my YouTube channel for more updated lessons. Thank you very much!

Have a nice day!

Andres


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mā, má, mǎ, mà, ma Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

bā, bá, bǎ, bà, ba Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

lend/borrow 借 the same Chinese word