I want a bowl of hot and sour soup 我要一碗酸辣湯

Dear friends,

The video today is a little bit longer, because I introduce three common Chinese dishes, with the analysis of the characters related with them. Please watch the video as follow:



The first phrase is:

I want a bowl of hot and sour soup.

我要一碗酸辣湯

我要(I want) + 一碗(a bowl) + 酸辣湯(hot and sour soup)

here the serving unit is 

a bowl
一碗
yì wǎn

is used for soup or cooked rice, like:

a bowl of soup
一碗湯

a bowl of rice
一碗飯

and the Chinese dish:

hot and sour soup
酸辣湯
suān là tāng

the 3 characters are:

酸(sour) + 辣(spicy) + 湯(soup)

no matter what English name it is called.


The second phrase is:

I want a plate of fried rice with shrimp.
我要一盤蝦仁炒飯

我要(I want) + 一盤(a plate) + 蝦仁炒飯(fried rice with shrimp)

here the serving unit is

a plate
一盤
yì pán

normally a Chinese dish is served on a big plate for everybody to share with chopsticks

and the dish:

fried rice with shrimp
蝦仁炒飯
xiā-rén chǎo fàn

is shelled shrimps with fried rice

with two 2-character words:

shelled shrimps
蝦仁
xiā-rén

fried rice
炒飯
chǎo fàn

please check the analysis of phrases and vocabulary of this lesson via my website:


The third phrase is as follow:

I want one portion of fried spring roll.
我要一份炸春捲

我要(I want) + 一份(one portion) + 炸春捲(fried spring roll)

here the serving unit is

one portion
一份
yí fèn

note: the pronunciation for 一(one, ) is different from the previous ones, but don't bother too much since this part is very tricky in Mandarin.

and the dish:

fried spring roll
炸春捲

zhà chūn juǎn

炸(fried) + 春捲(spring roll)

Again, please feel free to check the analysis of the phrases and vocabulary of this lesson via:


Thanks for reading my blog, and please subscribe my YouTube channel for more daily lessons.

Have a nice day!

Andres

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mā, má, mǎ, mà, ma Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

bā, bá, bǎ, bà, ba Mandarin pinyin five tunes practice

lend/borrow 借 the same Chinese word